Announcements: This week's Double EXP Weekend: Grifball
Main | Registration | LoginFriday, 2024 Apr 19, 7:11:45 PM
E.T.B. Unit Headquarters
Fallout 3 Side Quest Guide - Forum Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Cody, Fyntix, Tuck  
Forum » Forum » Games » Fallout 3 Side Quest Guide (A thread with guides to the side quests of Fallout 3)
Fallout 3 Side Quest Guide
FyntixDate: Tuesday, 2009 Oct 06, 5:54:38 AM | Message # 1
The Amazin Aussie
Group: Elite T-Bagger
Awards: 3
Hi all,

This thread will contain side quests from Fallout 3, I'l be adding quest guides as I do my Main Quest Guide.
More will come once the main quest line is finished. Feel free to add your own Guides here as well.

Later guys,
Fyntix out

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing"

FyntixDate: Tuesday, 2009 Oct 06, 6:58:06 AM | Message # 2
The Amazin Aussie
Group: Elite T-Bagger
Awards: 3
The Power of The Atom:
Like all other quests in Fallout, this quest can be completed in multiple ways, the Good Karma way and the Bad Karma way. I will be doing both for you.
Good Karma:
You can get this quest by talking to Lucas Simms, the Sheriff and Mayor of Megaton, and selecting the “Let’s discuss this bomb.” option. Ask him about it and eventually he will offer you 100Caps to disarm the bomb, you can also have a try at a speech challenge to get 500Caps. Head down to the atom bomb in the centre of town, if you’ve just started a new character and haven’t added any skill points to your explosives skill you will notice that you need 25 skill points to interact with the bomb. Don’t despair, all you need is some Mentats, Mentats can be purchased from Leo Stahl at the Brass Lantern or found in your travels. Using Mentats will give your stats a boost and allow you to disarm the bomb. After you have disarmed the bomb go and talk to Lucas Simms again, you will receive your Caps and the deed to a house in Megaton.
Bad Karma:
Alternatively you can go to Moriarty’s Saloon and talk to Mister Burke, he will ask you to blow up Megaton by rigging it with a Fusion Pulse Charge that he gives you. As with the Good Karma version of this quest he offers 100Caps with the chance of getting 500 with a speech challenge. Head outside and down to the bomb and rig it to explode, you will now have to travel to the southern end of the map to find a place called Tenpenny Tower. When you arrive a Ghoul will be talking to someone over an intercom, when he has finished talk to the intercom and tell the guard that you’re here to talk to Mister Burke, head on inside and go up the elevator. When you exit a guard will open the door for you, go through Tenpenny’s room and out the door to the right. Talk to Mister Burke, he will tell you to set off the bomb, enjoy the cut scene and then talk to Mister Burke afterwards, he’ll give you a bonus to the tune of 1000Caps and the key and deed to an apartment in the tower.
Notes:
This is a good quest to do when you start a new character, Its good for a few caps and a place to store your items.

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing"

Forum » Forum » Games » Fallout 3 Side Quest Guide (A thread with guides to the side quests of Fallout 3)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright E.T.B. Unit © 2024